My name is Captain Ralph Steiger. I am a United States Coast Guard licensed Master Captain. I have been fishing my entire life and can’t get enough of it.
I grew up chasing salmon in the fall and smallies in the spring. I started out fishing tournaments and eventually took it to the next level and became a charter captain.
One goal I have is to help educate people on the great sport of fishing. I will go out of my way to get people, young and old, interested in fishing. I am also an avid muskie fisherman.
I am a member of...
- Angler’s Dream Tournament Circuit
- Salmon Unlimited of Indiana
- Whiting Robertsdale Boat Club
- American Slovak Club
Captain Steiger fishes from the following setup:
• 2011 Crestliner Tournament 202, 21 foot Pro Walleye
• 2011 225 Mercury Optimax Pro XS
• 2011 9.9 Mercury 4 stroke Pro Kicker
• Nearly 9 feet wide with plenty of room
• Minnkota trolling motor (101lbs. thrust)
• Lowrance Electronics (HDS 10 and HDS 8 )
• Sirius weather radar on Lowrance fish finders
• Lowrance marine radio with Shakespeare antenna
• Cannon electronic downriggers
• Bluewater Fishing Products Rod holders
• Stearns Life vest - Extremely comfortable
• TR-1 autopilot for hands free trolling
The waters I guide on are waters on the Indiana and Illinois sides of Lake Michigan. From Navy Pier in downtown Chicago all the way to Michigan City, Indiana.I am extremely familiar with these waters and literally have hundreds of locations to fish. Due to the versatility of my boat, I am able to travel to where the fish are. This increases your chance of having an outstanding trip.
Captain Ralph Steiger is based out of Hammond, Indiana and fishes various ports around the Chicagoland area. Ralph runs trips year-round and is usually one of the first anglers to be on the lake and the last one off.
For more information on fishing with Ralph or to book a chartered trip, please visit his website at http://www.captsteiger.com or contact him at (219) 688-3593.